Monday, February 23, 2015

"Art Makes Me Happy..." Mixed Media Tag using "Wicked Times"

Hello Creatie Lovelies!!

Keri  here!

Today, I am sharing with you a tag I made using "Wicked Times."


I fell in LOVE with the paper called "Eerie" from the "Wicked Times" Collection. I love the contrast of the purple and orange flowers and I wanted to use it in a non-traditional bright Steampunk style tag. 


My orange color cakes from the Marion's Color Lab. We nicknamed it "Pumpkin Pie"...it 1 part red, 1 part yellow and 3 parts gold, mixed with Mod Podge. 

My dress was made using a die from Spellbinder's called "Dressforms" and the "Haunted" & "Voodoo" papers from the "Wicked Times" collection.


For additional color, I used Faber Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos in: Licorice, Grape and Gold.


My words are from Splash of Color: Mixed Media 101.

I hope you enjoyed today's project and it inspires you to look at things differently: Halloween paper isn't just for Halloween and Steampunk doesn't have to be neutral!

XOXO, 
KERI

Supply List:

Marion Smith Designs
"Wicked Times" Collection: Haunted, Voodoo and Eerie
Color Lab: Pumpkin Pie Recipe (1 part red, 1 part yellow, 3 part gold, Mod Podge)


OTHER:
Spellbinder's Dress Form Die
Chipboard Wings: Tim Holtz
Chipboard Gears: Want2Scrap
Washi Tape: Studio G
Cardboard: Little B Studios
Words: Splash of Color
Pen: Faber Castell PITT Pen
Faber Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos: Grape, Licorice, & Gold 
Tag: Graphic 45
Adhesive: Aleene's Tacky Glue
Misc: Ribbon



No comments:

Post a Comment