Thursday, June 5, 2014

Layout | Family Matters by Angela Carter

This layout came together after I found a great pictures of my niece and nephew. They are two of the cutest kids I've ever seen and I just love them to pieces.


I started with the background papers. I just had this idea of tilting a large piece of patterned paper so I tried it. Hey, what can it hurt right. I love how it instantly adds movement to the layout. All the other papers are scraps that I've been hoarding storing in my stash. 



After I came up with the title the rest of the layout really came together. I often struggle with titles on my layouts and where to put them. I pulled these rather large thickets from my stash and willed myself to use them on this layout. I think it worked out well. 


The Junque and Gems added the right bit of detail to balance out the rather large thickets. I love when things happen to work out like that. I also pulled some of Marion's washi tape from her Romance Novel collection. The black and white fabric frame draws the eye to the photo and the black and white swirl paper brings breaks up all the lines from the rectangle layers. A tag tells the story. 


Thanks for stoppithat you have in your stash that you haven't figured out how to use? 


Thanks for stopping by.

Angela


Supplies: 





2 comments: