Monday, November 11, 2013

A Steampunk Style Christmas Layout Using Nirvana by Kim Price






Hi again. Today I wanted to share with you a layout I created using the stunning Nirvana collection. I love all the little bits in these papers - and especially the adorable vintage style bowler and top hats and I've decided this year Santa needed a change of head wear. I'm thinking he is looking pretty dapper too!

This is one of my favourite Christmas photographs taken of the girls when they were young. Turning it into a subtle sepia toned print made it perfect for the steampunk style layout I had in mind and I've built the whole layout around this top hat wearing Santa Claus.

My background was created using a heavy white cardstock and watered down acrylic paint, adding more water to the cardstock for that drippy paint splatter look. After the paint had completely dried I then inked the edges and began to build the layers of my steampunked banner. Not one for measuring or cutting a straight line I just chose some of my favourite prints from Nirvana and cut strips of paper - layering them up with foam dots and punching some of the layers for an even more funky distressed look. I've also hand dyed some cotton lace with Distress Stain and tucked that in between a couple of the layers. Once I was happy with my banner layers I added the vintage rule embellishment along with a brad and the ticket stubs from Documented patterned paper. I trimmed two of the vintage typewriter numbers to form my title for my page - 25 - and added one of the gorgeous clockface images from the reverse side of Family Record patterned paper.

I'm really loving how this layout turned out and I've also grown to love the Nirvana collection even more! Here is a closer look at those yummy layers.





And these are the papers I've used in this layout:










Thanks so much for calling in again today. Why not try your hand at a steampunk themed project using the Nirvana kit yourself! And you can find more of my creations on my scrapbooking blog here.

- Kim Price








1 comment: